Friday 29 January 2010

Hennie Haworth

I looked at Hennie Haworth's illustration work in order to help with my Collection 100 project to look at ways of illustrating everyday objects. I like the way her drawing look like little doodles from afar but up close are quite detailed objects but come across with a careless style of drawing. I like how she draws individual objects, uses no shading, just outlines and blocks of colour but captures them perfectly.

I looked at her repeating pattern work to help me with the wrapping paper I made for the project, looking at composition, typography and overall style.

I specifically like the simplistic black line drawings she has done without any use of colour, as one of my favourite mediums to use it black fine liner, creating a almost cartoon like style but somehow keeping it realistic.


No comments:

Post a Comment